Buchan is an honest and sincere South African farmer of Scottish descent.
His gentle but uncompromising faith has carried him through droughts, financial
crises and family tragedies. He has seen God perform miracles and wonders
to provide and heal. When God called him to preach the gospel, he did not
hesitate to obey, and his obedience has lead to a powerful ministry around the world.
In 1980, he started the Shalom Ministries to preach in his local community.
Over time he has become a full time evangelist whilst the farm is now owned and
being run by both his sons. In 1998, Angus wrote a book about his life, Faith
Like Potatoes, the book was turned into a film of the same title in 2006.
- The Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- In the Eternal Triune God.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His
sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through
His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right
hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the
Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the
Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved
unto resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of
- In the creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total
spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness apart
- In the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy
Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very Man.
- In the Spiritual Unity of Believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.